This is one of my favorite salmon recipe – the smoky flavour of the Canadian cedar is incomparable with any other wood I’ve tried: hickory, alder, apple, cherry, maple, mesquite, whisky oak, red wine oak, pecan, etc.
Wash and dry the filets and sprinkle them with salt, paper, garlic and salmon spices. Keep the planks soaked in water for 3-4 hours and then lay them on the BBQ on high heat. After 1-2 minutes, put the salmon on the planks and leave them approximately 5 minutes on medium-high heat (350 – 375F) and do not open the lid so no smoke will escape from the BBQ. Optional, brush the filets with Diana garlic & herbs marinate.
A perfect match for this dinner is the german Riesling - Dienhart.
- Steelhead Fish- Glazed, Grilled, and Planked on a Hot Summer Night (chrissylearnstocook.wordpress.com)
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon – 3 Ingredients! (thecocinamonologues.com)
- Plank Salmon YUMMY! (zgourmet.wordpress.com)
- Salmon in Sorrel Sauce (kokolikes.com)
- Cedar Planked Springer Salmon in the Green Egg (huntingchef.com)
- Salmon with Tzatziki Sauce (thebitesizedbaker.wordpress.com)
- Salmon Recipes, Smoked Salmon & Smoked Salmon Platter | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)