As usual, I made dinner for my family and I thought to prepare something special. I think my choice was perfect to “wow” them. Not too complicated and not too expensive this chicken breast roulade turned out really good.
Chicken breast roulade-1
Chicken breast roulade-2
Chicken breast roulade-3
Nice recipe for breakfast for two and very easy and fast to make.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 70g cooked ham small diced
- 3-4 slices of bacon small diced
- 1/2 cup yellow grits
- 100-150g old cheddar and Parmigiano cheese
- 1 medium scallion
- Cholula hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the water, milk, butter, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the bacon and the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- Whisk the grits into the simmering milk mixture and bring to a boil. Continue to boil without stirring for 1 minute. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, remove the pan from the heat, and let sit until the grits are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the cheese on the large holes of a box grater (you should have about 3/4 cup). Thinly slice the white and light green parts of the scallion; set aside.
- When the grits are ready, uncover and stir them to incorporate all of the liquid; stir until the grits are smooth. Sprinkle with two-thirds of the cheese and stir until combined and melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide the grits between 2 bowls and sprinkle with the remaining third of the cheese. Top with the reserved ham and scallions and add a few dashes of hot sauce. Serve immediately.
See original recipe at http://www.chow.com/recipes/30077-fast-hammy-grits
- Southern Shrimp & Cheese Grits (veronicascornucopia.com)
- Southern Fried Breakfast (welcometocenturyfarmhouse.typepad.com)
- Cheese & Grits (3twistedsisters.wordpress.com)
- Soft Grits Breakfast Casserole (tenderherb.wordpress.com)
- Sausage gravy with cheddar cheese grits (charlotte.news14.com)