Few weeks ago I was trying to find a nice and new soup for a nice weekend and I found the perfect soup – Brazilian Shrimp Soup from Kelsey’s blog. You will be surprised what a good a tasty soup actually for any time not only winter.
This weekend we had another wonderful family dinner with our dear Nika, Kia and their parents. I prepared salmon soup and four kinds of chicken wings from my “repertoire” and Violet made two delicious cakes. On this post I’ll describe just the salmon soup and I’ll have to get back with the cake recipes.
I wanted to do a new soup for my dearest guests so after few days of research, I’ve decided to prepare the Salmon Velvet Soup after a recipe from Eat Well 101.
- 170 g of fresh salmon
- 250 g smoked salmon
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 parsley root
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 medium size spanish onion
- 2 big Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup white wine (I used 1 cup of grape juice and a splash of vinegar)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 100 g whipping cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 50 g of salmon eggs
- 150 g of smoked salmon
In a soup pot heat the oil and sweat the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add some salt and pepper to taste and then all the other vegetables and cook for another 5 min or until all the oil was absorbed. Add all the other ingredients (except the salmon eggs and the 150 g smoked salmon which are for decorating) and boil them for 40-45 min. Put everything in a blender or use a hand blender for a smooth result. I decorated the soup bowl with salmon eggs and diced smoked salmon and served with fresh french baguette.
- Salmon Cheddar Soup with Lobster Mushrooms (alaskapublic.org)
- Quick Bites for Busy Babes (ditzsavant.wordpress.com)
- A Fabulous Salmon Bisque (utterlyruins.wordpress.com)
- Paleo Salmon Chowder (dit-elle.org)
- Salmon Chowder (healthyrecipes4fitness.wordpress.com)