This Romanian desert is definitely my favorite BY FAR! This is one of those recipes you must try at least once in your life!
- 500g flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g sour cream
- 100g melted butter or other shortening
- 1x8g bag of dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 300ml milk
- 100g sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon and orange zest
- 2 bags of vanilla sugar
For the filling:
- 500g of cheese
- 2 yolks
- 100g sugar
Heat some milk, dissolve yeast, mix with 2-3 tablespoons flour and let rise in a warm place. Mix the egg yolks with sugar and salt, yeast. Add milk, sour cream, lemon and orange zest, vanilla and flour. Work the dough for 20 minutes, then add the shortening little by little. Let rise one hour, after which lies a sheet of 4-5 mm thick. Cut squares of 10/10 cm and filled them with cheese filling. Gather corners opposite each other, brush with beaten egg yolk and place on a greased tray. Brush the top with beaten egg yolk and sugar. Bake at low heat for 10 minutes, then continue baking on medium-high heat.When ready sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
To prepare stuffing, put the cottage cheese in a large bowl, mix with the egg yolks and sugar.
Nice recipe for breakfast for two and very easy and fast to make.
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 70g cooked ham small diced
- 3-4 slices of bacon small diced
- 1/2 cup yellow grits
- 100-150g old cheddar and Parmigiano cheese
- 1 medium scallion
- Cholula hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the water, milk, butter, salt and pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the bacon and the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned all over, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- Whisk the grits into the simmering milk mixture and bring to a boil. Continue to boil without stirring for 1 minute. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, remove the pan from the heat, and let sit until the grits are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred the cheese on the large holes of a box grater (you should have about 3/4 cup). Thinly slice the white and light green parts of the scallion; set aside.
- When the grits are ready, uncover and stir them to incorporate all of the liquid; stir until the grits are smooth. Sprinkle with two-thirds of the cheese and stir until combined and melted. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide the grits between 2 bowls and sprinkle with the remaining third of the cheese. Top with the reserved ham and scallions and add a few dashes of hot sauce. Serve immediately.
See original recipe at http://www.chow.com/recipes/30077-fast-hammy-grits
- Southern Shrimp & Cheese Grits (veronicascornucopia.com)
- Southern Fried Breakfast (welcometocenturyfarmhouse.typepad.com)
- Cheese & Grits (3twistedsisters.wordpress.com)
- Soft Grits Breakfast Casserole (tenderherb.wordpress.com)
- Sausage gravy with cheddar cheese grits (charlotte.news14.com)