Look at the picture below and dare to tell me that doesn’t look amazing! Very nice flavor and taste.
- 4-6 salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8-1/4 cup honey
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh red chili finely sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced lemongrass
- To make the marinade/sauce, place all marinade ingredients together in a saucepan over high heat. Stir as you bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. The sauce will gradually thicken (the smell of the vinegar is rather pungent as it cooks). When marinade/sauce has thickened, place in the refrigerator or freezer to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon fillets in a flat-bottomed pan or casserole dish (so that fillets aren’t piled on top of each other). When the sauce/marinade has cooled (warm instead of hot), spoon 2 Tbsp. over each fillet, slathering it over the flesh (reserve the remaining sauce for later). Marinate in the refrigerator 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Place a frying pan or wok on medium-high heat, allowing it to warm up for at least 1 minute before adding the oil (this will help prevent the fish from sticking).
- When pan is hot, add 1-2 Tbsp. oil, lifting and turning the pan to distribute evenly. Now place fillets in the pan.
- Allow salmon to fry at least 2 minutes undisturbed before turning.
- Fry the fish 3-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Salmon is done when inner flesh is no longer transparent. For faster cooking, cover fish while it’s frying.
- To serve: arrange on a serving platter or plates. Spoon a little of the sauce over each fillet. Place the rest in a side dish and serve as a dipping sauce (it can be re-heated or served at room temperature).
- Serve with Thai jasmine rice.
See the original recipe at http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaiseafoodrecipes/r/salmonthaisauce.htm
- Grilled Salmon With Tangy Dill Sauce (themagnoliacafe.wordpress.com)
- Bacon-wrapped Salmon with Mustard-Dill Sauce (jazzinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- 10 Cheap and Delicious Marinades (wisebread.com)
- Salmon Burgers, Buffalo Burgers & Portobello Burgers | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)