For tonight dinner I was craving for perogies, but I didn’t have time or patience to make them, so I bought some from Bruno’s Supermarket. I decided to go for Cheddar-Potatoes-Bacon with onion and sour cream sauce. For the sauce you can use a small onion, cook until golden brown in 1 tsp of garlic butter and then add 50-100g heavy cream or sour cream. After simmering for 1-2 minutes, add perogies (boiled as per package instructions) and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. I added also some dry parsley for presentation and some cayenne pepper for a small kick.
- Tips for fasting in Advent (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)
- The Holidays At Home – Traditions: Homemade Pierogies (alittleclaireification.com)
- Perogie count = 37 (mcbreadner.com)
- Our Philosophy (moonchies.wordpress.com)
- #899 The smell of frying onions (1000awesomethings.com)
Have never heard of these. Will Google.
…was quick and delicious…and goes very well with white wine…Doru’s favourite Black Tower, a fresh and fruity white German wine!