Very simple recipe for the day-to-day lunch and dinner and for any special occasion.
- 5-6 boiled potatoes cut in small cubes
- 3-4 boiled eggs cut in cubes
- 1 medium size spanish onion cut Julienne and boiled for 2-3 min in 2/3 cup of vinegar and 1/3 cup of water; leave the pan on the countertop to cool down completely
- 10-15 black or green olives cut rings
- 2-3 pickled cucumbers cut in small cubes
- 3-4 roasted red peppers cut in small cubes
- 2 or more tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 red hot peppers if you want some spiciness
- salt and pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients into a big bowl and mix them well but with care. The salad can be served immediately, but tastes better if left to rest overnight.
- Russian Potato Salad (alidoesit.wordpress.com)
- Mom’s Potato Salad (ourlittlefamilyadventure.wordpress.com)
- Salad Niçoise (snapsizzleandcook.wordpress.com)
- Potato Salad (mckinleymilestones.com)
- Spicy and Sweet Potato Salad (gourmetonthegoblog.com)
- Recipe: German-Style Potato Salad (mysanantonio.com)
- Potato salad (inspirationmycreation.wordpress.com)
- The best potatoes for chips, wedges and roasties (telegraph.co.uk)
…I think I should give away Doru’s secret ingredient…he likes to add cabanos (long thin stick dry pork sausage, smoky in flavour), and truth to be told…increases the flavour of the salad…
Love the idea of those onions, something I’ve never tried before.