As I promised yesterday, I’ll come back with the recipes. The first recipe is a simple mix of beets, beans and herbs. The quantities can be modified based on each person taste.
- 250g green beans
- 3-4 small beets
- 3-4 red peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- parsley, basil, tarragon and mint
In a saucepan, boil water and then add the beans and steam for 5 minutes and then cut them in half. In the same water, add the beets and boil until cooked through for approx. 40min and cut them in small cubs. Leave both to cool down and start grilling the peppers. I grill them for about 35-40 min on medium heat until tender when pierced and the skin peels off. Cut them in thin strips and add to the beets and beans. In a bid bowl, mixed everything good and add balsamic vinaigrette, lemon juice, salt, pepper and all the fresh herbs.
- Farm-to-Bakery: June 13 (caketalkblog.com)
- Root Vegetable Salad (healthyconquests.wordpress.com)
- Beet and Green Bean Salad with Tangy Dijon Dressing (hummusapien.com)
- Beet and Goat Cheese Jewels (francesjanisch.wordpress.com)
- Salad Bonanza! (lebeauyou.wordpress.com)
- Roasted beet and citrus salad with mustard vinaigrette (snixykitchen.com)
MMMMMMMM8 I love beets & I love beans too but have never combined these 2 togther,..Why not, hey? this dish looks fabulicious!!! xxx
This looks wonderful.
Thanks. It tastes good also.
right up my alley – love it! thanks for the recipe. ps your family meal is dangerous to look at when hungry … mouth watering!
Thanks a lot. Actually I’m looking very close into your recipes and maybe one day I can surprise my wonderful future in-laws with some Iranian dish. I don’t know if I can surprise Iranians with Iranian food made by some European Dude?? Make no sense. But I’m willing to try anyway.