This Saturday we went to the local farmers market in Peterborough to buy some fresh and real vegetables. One thing we also found was a fresh, organic and free range chicken which I’ve decided to roast it on the grill with my marinade: 1/4 cup of olive oil, 4 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp thyme, 2 tbsp rosemary, 1 tbsp sage, salt, fresh black pepper and some hot sauce at your choice.
This is the second salad we served during our special dinner and one of the best I’ve ever made. It’s a nice companion on any BBQ meat or you can even eat by itself as a snack or light dinner.
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 250g quinoa
- one bunch asparagus
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 250g halved grape tomatoes
- 250g sugar snap peas
- 200g crumbled feta cheese
- 2tbsp each fresh chopped basil and mint
In a saucepan, bring broth and garlic to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approx. 20 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with fork into a large bowl and set aside. Meanwhile, toss asparagus with 1tbsp of olive oil. Place on greased grill over high heat turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until slightly charred and tender crisp. Remove to cutting board and chop in large pieces and then add quinoa. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over quinoa and stir well to coat. Add tomatoes, sugar snap peas, feta, basil and mint and stir to combine well.
- Organic tricolor Royal quinoa salad (chefdoru.com)
- Crunchy veggie & pineapple quinoa salad with basil (dinneranddirtydishes.com)
- Quinoa: The ancient grain of deliciousness (awellwornkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Greek Quinoa Salad (cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com)
- Southwestern Quinoa Salad (abbykurth.wordpress.com)
- Asparagus & Feta Quinoa Salad (hiphostessblog.com)
- Quinoa & Beet Salad (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Quinoa Salad (georgiegirltalks.ca)
- My Fav Quinoa Salad (thenewmrshamilton.wordpress.com)