First of all, I will need to apologize to all my readers, fans and followers for not posting for 23 days, but I was on a 3 weeks diet wich included raw vegetables and other “good” stuff so I didn’t cook anything or anything interesting.
Last weekend we had very special guests for dinner, so I started to cook again. The chicken breast with orange sauce was one of the main courses we had along with: all kind of fancy cheeses, fruits, roasted beets salad, Romanian style devil eggs, endives with cream cheese and smoked salmon, olives, butternut squash soup, Chateaubriand and a delicious chocolate-mouse cake.
Another interesting thing happened this week – my one year anniversary as a blogger. Wow!!! Time flies!!!
Let get to this recipes of the chicken breast with orange sauce:
- 30 ml (1 fl oz) 1/8 cup rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 225 g (8 oz) chicken supreme (I used regular breasts)
- 150-200 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup orange brandy (I used Grand Marnier as has more flavour than the regular brandy)
- 15 g (1/2 oz) 2 tbsp plain (all-purpose) flour
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 25 g (1 oz) courgette (zucchini), cut into matchstick strips (I used 1/2 medium size zucchini)
- 25 g (1 oz) red (bell) pepper, cut into matchstick strips (I used 1/2 medium size red, green and yellow pepper)
- 25 g (1 oz) leek, cut into matchstick strips
- 400 g (14 oz) dried wholemeal (whole-wheat) spaghetti
- 3 large oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- rind of 1 orange, cut into very fine strips
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup fromage frais or ricotta cheese (I didn’t use any cheese)
- salt and pepper
- fresh tarragon leaves, to garnish
- Heat the rapeseed oil and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a frying pan (skillet).
- Add the chicken and cook quickly until golden brown.
- Add the orange brandy and cook for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the orange juice, zucchini, all the peppers and leek and season.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil; add the spaghetti and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti, transfer to a serving dish and drizzle over the remaining oil.
- Add half of the orange segments, half of the orange rind, the tarragon and fromage frais or ricotta cheese to the sauce in the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken on top of the pasta, pour over a little sauce, garnish with orange segments, rind and tarragon.
- Pepper Jelly Chicken Marinade with Bok Choy Brown Rice (healthy-retreat.com)
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Marinade (healthy-retreat.com)
- Around the World in 52 Weeks: Orange Chicken with Brown Rice (inspiredidiot.wordpress.com)
- Salad Recipes (slideshare.net)
- Tropical Tablescape & Hawaiian Chicken Stir Fry (mommyhatescooking.com)
- Orange Chicken (GI Diet) (breeeeeee.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Breasts with Meyer Lemon Fennel Relish (happygoodtime.com)
- Asian-style Chicken Pasta (solosearching.wordpress.com)
- Teriyaki Tuesday (partifleur.wordpress.com)